Wooden Church of the Protection of the Mother of God, Nižný Komárnik
The first wooden Greek Catholic church in the village of Nižný Komárnik was built most probably in the mid-17th century. The wooden church burned during the First World War. The present wooden church was built in 1938 and is dedicated again to the Protection of the Most Holy Mother of God who protects our land. Her protection is a shield against evils spirits and all misfortunes. The Mother of God helps us to do good deeds in our Christian life.